Congrats to Erlinda! Please watch your email, & respond within 48 hours to claim your Rockin' Green! Thank you to everyone who entered.
About a month ago I started testing Rockin' Green's Rage Against The Raspberries in the Classic Rock formula. I was sent one 45 oz bag to test. I've waited to do this review until I had the opportunity to really put this detergent to the test!
Rockin' Green is also offering one of my readers a 45/90 load bag of detergent in the winner's choice of scent/formula. The Giveaway will end on Sept 7 at 12 Noon CST. I will have the Giveaway details at the end of the review. This giveaway is open to readers in the US & Canada.
About the product:
In the Summer of '09 Rockin' Green was born out of necessity - sensitive skin being the problem. It started as a family business, run from home. Before long, the soap filled the house! They found a small office, & hired two employees. Before long, they outgrew the first office, & moved to a new one. They also had a warehouse. The business continues to grow as word spreads about this wonderful soap.
It's naturally scented, dye free, vegan, it cleans & deodorizes, it contains no enzymes or optical brighteners, is phosphate free, is an easy rinsing formula, works great on stink, comes in recyclable packaging, HE compatible, costs pennies per load, gluten free, biodegradable ingredients, SLS & paraben free, & works great on clothes!
If you're using cloth diapers, chances are good that you already know not to use detergents with fabric softeners in them. However, most laundry detergents have chemicals such as perfumes that can cause buildup on your diapers. Buildup can cause them to leak due to repelling moisture rather than absorbing it. Apparently, buildup can even be a problem with perfume free detergent! Not only will Rockin' Green not cause buildup, but it can even help you remove existing buildup from using other brands of detergent.
There are 3 different formulas to suit different water types. You can view their formula map for a recommendation for your area if you're uncertain what type of water you have. You can also have your water professionally tested by a pool or aquarium business.
1) Classic Rock - This is the original formula, intended for use in areas with <250 ppm. This is for water that's neither too soft or too hard. When in doubt as to which formula to use, start with this! Classic Rock is designed for customers with sensitive skin, but is available in a wide range of scents. It's designed to deliver more cleaning power per scoop. Many customers have found a 60 percent reduction in stains, and are able to reduce the amount of “rock the soaks” needed.
2) Soft Rock - Advised in areas with <60 ppm. This is designed for the most sensitive of customers! It's available only in unscented (Bare Naked Babies). This is for those with soft water or those using water softeners. It's also designed to deliver more cleaning power per scoop. Many customers have found a 60 percent reduction in stains, and are able to reduce the amount of “rock the soaks” needed.
3) Hard Rock - Anything higher than 250 ppm. It has a lower pH than most detergents. This means that it's gentler on fabrics & diapers. It's safer for sensitive skin. It's designed to deliver more cleaning power per scoop.
There's an extra product for hard to remove funk!
Funk Rock - This is an optional ammonia bouncer for serious funk. It's a 100% natural compound that targets funk at the source. 4 tablespoons is enough to de-funk up to 20 diapers in one sitting. You can add a little to your pre-wash to keep the stinkies from coming back. A 16 ounce bag will keep the diaper funk away for over two months! Phosphate Free – Enzyme Free – SLS Free.
Rage Against The Raspberries
Earth, Wind, & Orchids
Lavender Mint Revival
Mighty Mighty Marshmallows
Bare Naked Babies (unscented)
It was funny because my Rockin' Green arrived the very same day that the itti bitti d'lish arrived for me to review. I quickly grabbed my dirty diapers, threw the itti bitti in with them, & washed them with the Rockin' Green.
As soon as I opened the Ziploc bag of Rage Against The Raspberry, the sweet smell filled the air of my laundry room! It smelled so yummy that I wanted to taste it! It reminds me of a tart candy scent. I've used the Rockin' Green exclusively to wash my diapers ever since receiving it. I have to say that I'm impressed with how long this 45 oz bag has lasted me! Rockin' Green said that the bag should last up to 45 loads in a top load or 90 in an HE machine. I've bee using it since July 10. I have a regular washer, & I still have three quarters of a bag left! I haven't been counting, but I wash diapers at least twice a week. I think this bag will last me about 3 months. I have to tell you that I haven't just used it on diapers! I have a 13 year old who is hard on clothes. Every time I turn around she has one mystery stain or another. I've soaked her stained clothes in it following the Rock The Soak guidelines, & the stains disappeared! The one stained item that really impressed me was a pair of beige pants with grass stains on the knees. The grass stain disappeared after soaking.
Prior to using Rockin' Green, I used Sun Free & Clear. Because I was having issues with ammonia smell, I went ahead & Rocked A Soak on all of my baby's diapers. The ammonia wasn't noticeable all of the time - just when she wet a diaper. That problem went away as soon as I used the Rage Against The Raspberries. No more stink! Woo Hoo!
Another bonus - no more diaper rash! My baby has very sensitive skin. She's suffered with eczema on her face, neck, & upper chest since birth. At one point it was all over her body. I quickly realized that she was sensitive to scent. Even Johnson's Baby Wash caused her to break out in a rash. It was because of this that I was using Sun Free & Clear. I thought that would protect her little tush from eczema. For the most part it did, but she had this one area in the folds of her upper thighs near her groin that was a constant problem. That rash cleared up within 2 days of switching detergent!
Not only did it clear up her rash, but her diapers functioned so much better! I must've had buildup that I was unaware of. I didn't experience an obvious decline in absorbency over time, but boy oh boy did her diapers become more absorbent!
I did notice that the yummy smell didn't stay with the diaper after the rinse cycle. I went to the FAQ section at Rockin' Green & learned that was totally normal. Rockin' Green is designed to rinse out completely & easily, so that it doesn't leave a residue behind or irritate delicate skin.
Now is a great time to buy Rockin' Green because they're currently holding their Green Ticket Event. When you purchase your bag of Rockin' Green, open it up to see if there's a green ticket inside. If you’re a lucky winner, then you've won up to 150 prizes ranging from a bag of Rockin’ Green soap (scent of choice), a Shake it Up!, a Rockin’ Green Bundle…or one of two grand prizes - two concert tickets to the Ticketmaster event of your choice or a year's supply of Rockin' Green!
Pros of Rockin' Green:
1) The price for value! The 45 oz bag of 45/90 is $14.95. That may seem like a lot at first, but when you consider that this bag will do 45 loads in a regular washer you realize that it's actually a bargain at 33 cents per load. Yes; that may be a bit more than a traditional detergent, but a traditional detergent may be causing your diapers to be less absorbent.
2) Great for delicate skin! As mentioned earlier, my baby has eczema, & it cleared up the rash in her delicate areas.
3) Great at removing stubborn stains! It even removed grass stains from the knees on my 13 year old's pants!
4) The smell is yummy.
1) It isn't available in stores locally. This isn't really a problem. It's easy to find online.
2) I suppose some might find the fact that the yummy scent disappears after rinsing to be a con. This doesn't bother me. I consider it a trade off for the comfort & health of my baby's skin.
This giveaway will end on Sept 7 at 12 noon CST. This giveaway is open to readers in the US & Canada. There is one mandatory task for entry, with 7 bonus entries, for a total of 8 possible entries per person. Please don't forget to comment with your name & email addy. It's the only way I have to contact you if you win. Thanks & good luck!
1) Follow me publicly with Google Friend Connect, & comment with your name & email addy. Previous followers count too - just comment with your details.
2) Subscribe to my blog via email & comment with your name & email addy. If you already subscribe, please comment & let me know. Don't forget to leave your contact details.
3) Vote for me on "We're On The Fence". Comment & let me know. Don't forget to leave your name & email addy.
4) Follow me on Twitter (@heartnbutterfly). Comment & let me know your Twitter ID. Include your name & email addy.
5) Tweet about this giveaway, & include a link to your Tweet in your comment. Leave your name & email addy.
6) Follow Rockin' Green on Facebook.
7) Follow @RockinGreenSoap on Twitter.
8) Comment with the formula/scent you would choose if you won. Don't forget to include your name & email addy.