And the winner is Ryan, Corrie, Max, and Jack! Congrats! I'll be in touch with you shortly, so please keep an eye on your email.
This was a first for me - first time to test a bamboo diaper, & first time to test a diaper made with minkee. I've been testing out a bitti d'lish Snap In One diaper by itti bitti for about a month now, & I love it! They were generous & sent a size small to me for review, & will send the same product (itti bitti will select the color) to one of my lucky readers. Winner picks the size! Originally this giveaway was open to residents of both the US & Canada, but I've just heard from itti bitti that they'd like me to change it to US only due to ongoing issues with the mail in Canada. It's still open to anyone over the age of 18 may enter. The giveaway will be at the bottom of my review.
For those of you unfamiliar with itti bitti diapers, they're an Australian company that began in 2005, but have spread to the US & 25 other countries. itti bitti began selling to US customers in March 2011, so they're still pretty new here. They're best known for their super trim fit, & rainbow of delicious candy colored diapers, as well as quality & performance.
Warning - This review is jam packed full of pictures!
I was excited to receive my cute size small bitti d'lish Snap In One in a lime green. My baby was just under 12 lbs at the time, so I requested a size small. Size small fits babies from 8-16 lbs! I was so impressed with the quality of this incredibly soft diaper! I found myself rubbing the minkee outer against my face. My 13 year old daughter snatched it out of my hands & jokingly said "MINE!" She sat there purring about how soft it was & rubbing it all over her face too. I'm glad nobody was around to snap pictures of us at that moment because I'm sure we looked insane.
The picture below shows what I received.
Here is a closeup of the diaper snapped on it's smallest setting.
When I opened the diaper up completely, I admit to feeling a little intimidated by the bamboo booster pads in the bitti d'lish Snap In One system. At first glance the snapping system did appear difficult. However, after washing it I found it pretty self explanatory to use! More on that later.
Here is the bitti d'lish opened up, showing one of the snap in bamboo booster pads.
And both of the snap in bamboo booster pads
And the booster unfolded
A variation on how to fold the booster. That's one of the things I LOVE about this diaper! You can control where the extra absorbency goes!
Baby girl modelling her bitti d'lish. Check out that trim fit! It reminds me of a disposable diaper in the way that it fits.
And she likes it!
Small fits 8lb to 16lb (Roughly 0-6 months)Medium fits 14lb to 26lb (About 1-15 months)
Large fits 23lb to 37lb (Approx 6-30 months)
A soft minkee outer, with a water proof barrier, & a suede-cloth liner. There are two bamboo boosters that snap into the shell.
By coincidence, I received my bag of Rockin' Green Rage against the Raspberry the very same day! I'm doing a review/giveaway for Rockin' Green soon, & couldn't wait to test both products, so grabbed my dirty diapers, read the washing tips for my d'lish, & threw my itti bitti d'lish into the wash with the Rage against the Raspberry detergent.
One of the things I love about itti bitti is the fact that they're very concerned about the environment. As a Girl Scout Leader that appeals to me very much! Reduce/Reuse/Recycle is our motto. Their washing instructions are simple, & you don't have to do anything special. However, they are kind enough to offer tips that reduce your carbon footprint & save money. I prewashed my bitti d'lish once before use, & put it on my baby for the first time the very same night.
My experience with the itti bitti d'lish:
I forgot to unsnap the d'lish before putting it through the wash, & the snaps came undone in the process. At first I was a little panicked about how to snap the bamboo boosters back. However, I was pleased to discover that the snaps are color coded to make snapping everything back in place super easy! All I had to do was match up the colors & I was ready to put the diaper on my baby's little booty. I found myself calling her "fluffy butt" as soon as the bitti d'lish was on her! I always love snuggling with my sweet girl, but I found myself cuddling & patting her little bottom the entire time I was holding her. This diaper is so incredibly soft! I know I've said that already, but I can't say it enough! The outer portion of the diaper is some sort of minkee type fabric, & ohhhhhh is it delightful. The bright green color is so cheery & a wonderful change from all of the pastel baby colors that are so common.
There is no need to use a diaper cover with this diaper because there is a built in water proof layer. Because the bamboo boosters are snap ins, this allows you to unsnap them when dirty & re-use the outer shell! In fact, I found that you can even use the fluffy shell as a diaper cover.
1. The trim fit! Fits just like a disposable, with a low rise & narrow between the legs! There's no need for a diaper cover.
2. The super soft minkee outer in bright colors.
3. The ease of adjusting the size with snaps. No Velcro on this diaper, which is definitely a pro for me, as I'm not a Velcro fan.
4. The snap in booster system! I love, love, love the fact that I don't have to stuff a pocket. Instead I can control the amount of absorbency with the snap in boosters. I can even control where the most absorbency is placed by how I fold the booster.
5. The fact that I didn't have to take it apart for washing/drying.
6. How quickly it dried!
7. The level of absorbency for such a trim fit.
8. The fact that the boosters/soaker pads are made of all natural fibers.
9. For a fitted diaper these last a long time between sizes! I like the fact that the size small lasts until roughly 6 months. Many fitted dipes only fit a couple of months, which requires spending more money to constantly upgrade to the next size.
1. I suppose the fact that this is a fitted diaper could be listed as a con because you do eventually need to size up. However, it provides such a customized fit that I find it difficult to call this a con.
That's it! I can't really think of any other cons. This has become one of my favorites in my stash, & I plan on buying more when I can.
Now for what you've been waiting for! itti bitti is offering one lucky reader the same product I reviewed (they'll select the color). The winner picks their size!
IMPORTANT CORRECTION - Originally this giveaway was open to residents of both the US & Canada, but I've just heard from itti bitti that they'd like me to change it to US residents only due to ongoing issues with the mail in Canada due to the postal strike. They don't want the winner to have to wait potentially months to receive their diaper.
The giveaway ends on August 11, 2011 at 12 noon CST.
You have the opportunity to earn 8 entries! Step 1 is mandatory for entry, but the other 7 steps earn you extra entries. Please play fair & enter under one ID/email addy only. The winner will have 48 hrs to respond to my email with their contact info. Another winner will be chosen if I don't receive a response.
1. Follow me through Google Friend Connect, & comment with your name & email. Previous followers count too, but you must still comment otherwise I won't have any way of knowing.
2. Vote for me on Picket Fence & comment with your name & email addy.
3. Subscribe via email, & comment with your name & email addy. Previous subscribers count too, but you must let me know by commenting with your info.
4. Follow me on Twitter - @heartnbutterfly. Comment with your Twitter ID & info to let me know that you've done so.
5. Tweet about this giveaway, & comment with the link & your info.
6. Like itti bitti on Facebook. Comment with your name & email addy & let me know that you've done so.
7. Follow itti bitti on Twitter. Comment with your name & email addy to let me know that you've done so.
8. Visit itti bitti & tell me what your favorite color is. Don't forget to include your name & email addy.
Don't forget to enter to win Sand Gone! It's great for the beach!